Sunday, August 19, 2012

That's Not a Real Elk!

So as it turns out it was a real elk. Susan and I have made it to Estes Park, CO and are planning to go up into Rocky Mountain National Park today. We were leaving our cottage for dinner last night driving down the road when Susan starts yelling about the elk we just passed. If you don't know it, my honey is  not the best when it comes to keeping an eye out for interesting things as we are driving. I take a quick look and it looked like one of those plastic yard animals. I give in and make a u-turn, we see a deer while I'm u-turning and go back.

I was wrong, there is a huge elk, that seemed to have gotten into someone Christmas lights, nibbling on grass on the side of stream.



Anyway, lesson learned, "Yes Dear." is always the correct answer.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading about your adventures! Praying for continued safe travels! -Regina

    ReplyDelete